Monday, March 10, 2008

Greenville Racing: Weekend 3.....the Final Donaldson

Three consecutive weekends of racing is over. Wippeeee!

In summary, I raced okay and stronger than the last two years. I manage to get into a good finishing position a couple times, but could not deliver the goods. Quite honestly, I hate racing Cat 4s and can't wait to get into a safer group where I know I will race much better.

I started the last race on Sunday pretty sure I would not finish it because I had fallen off the wagon a few days before with an entire Digiorno's Pizza (1200 calories) and a overly friendly bottle of Merlot that kind of stayed with me for a few days. But I felt better on each lap and finished the last race of the Greenville training series off the back of the main group after avoiding a crash near the finish.

I guess now the real season starts.

No comments: