Monday, April 28, 2008

The Twilight of Athens : A Jittery Grit : And a Spinach-Tortilla Wrapped Fatty

Went to Athens GA to watch Andre race and see the Athens Twilight Road Race. Andre (in orange) would place 5th in the Amateur race and was the first Cat 3 across the line! Here is a nice shot that Tony snapped of Andre.

Here we are packing up Sunday morning from our host house, Susans. Before we packed up we woke for an early morning bike ride and then had an incredible breakfast at The Grit in Athens. I think I had 6 cups of coffee just at breakfast.

Instead of going to Atlanta to see the final Stage of the Tour de Georgia, we hit Jittery Joes coffee and eventually tuned in to the race via wireless internet connection! I had another coffee there. We would make another stop at the other Jittery Joes Coffee on Baxter, but I was caffeined out and had the jitters. We HAD to get some food in my system before the road trip out. So, we hit Barberitos, which was totally awesome. I could go eat and ride in Athens all day! Lets go back there again! My spinach wrapped fatty was very filling! We were set! On the way back home to Asheville, with a car full of bikes, cyclist, and fun!


I snagged this clip from Tony's Blogsite!

No comments: