Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend Cabining - Bday Bash

So this was a great weekend to celebrate one of my best friends birthday...in addition to my own.....Andy turned 50 and we rented out some cabins for the weekend and had a great group of friends, which were many old co-workers from my time in Atlanta. Amazing that my closest friends are still from my time in Atlanta from 2000 to 2003. That was a great work experience for me that resulted in long last friendships. There are near horizons vista new opportunities from peoples who really appreciate my creativity and work from a time when I thrived professionally and my skills grew immensely. Outside the walls that contain me there are green meadows!

So here we are out on a boat at 12:40 AM. Cruising......Andy has been trying to get me on a boat for years.

So, the next day I have to go on a bike ride....wanted to do some climbing in the areas of the Dragons Tail and Deals Gap. I think more than 200 motocycles passed me on my ride. Check out the dude in the left-hand part of the picture.....I think he ate a warshing machine!


Ahhhhh......purdy view crossing the bridge just below Lake Fontana Dam. Such a nice ride.

Yes, had to climb the infamous Yellow Creek Gap from the west side.....never done that before....and OMG, it kicked my buttocks good! But, I made it to the top without stopping!

So, Andy's brothers and I gave our own arrow heads that we found at his mountain property to him for his birthday. The one that I found was the 4th from the left.....one of the two best specimens found at his property.

Blowing out the candles!

So, here is what the dock of our cabing looked like. Nice huh! Wow! This was actually a nice weekend on boats and bikes.

The Sunday morning spread! This was a yummy breakfast!

Nice to hang out with the ERDAS crew! Here is Ian, Andy and me.

A shot of me and Andy on one last boat ride before departure.

No comments: