Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pizza: Tom-e-ato your phat feta

I couple Fridays ago I had a pizza from the Apollo Flame that had Feta, chicken and tomatoes. It was so good that I wanted to recreate it at home. So, I created something similar.

In the midst of a floury mess, I kneaded the dough myself. I totally forgot about the chicken. Instead of a traditional pizza sauce base, I used an olive oil and Smart Balance buttery spread base enhanced with store-bought powdered garlic in which I melted in the microwave for a few seconds and stirred with a fork. Then I sequentially topped the pizzas off with golden raisins, bran buds, spinach, tomatoes, Feta cheese and a mix of shredded fancy Mexican 4-cheese delight. Over the duration of 4 hours, I ate both pizzas!

Later that night (it was reported that) I had a chaser of high-fiber cereal to rush those culinary wonders through The System smooth, slow and easy....but fast.

No comments: