Thursday, October 18, 2007

Over the Rhine Show

I don't want to waste your time with music you don't need. I don't want to waste good wine if you don't want to stick around.

On October 17th we went to see Over the Rhine here in Asheville. This was by far the most engaging show that I've ever experienced. Just days before I familiarized myself with OTRs music so that I knew every song they performed at the show. As you recall, I went to High School with Karin Bergquist. She is an incredible singer, musician, and performer. The entire band is awesome for the style of music they write! I was not able to meet Karin afterwards, but it was a great time and I can't wait to see them again. My favorite song was the Trumpet Child. The powerful, engaging, soul-felt delivery of the live performance does not do the studio version justice. Totally amazing!

No comments: