Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tour de Nantahala 3D Fly

Here is something that I made 2 years ago for the cycling touring event the Tour de Nantahala managed by the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC). This is a skeletal version of a 3D fly-through of the 100 mile bike ride. Two climbs, Stecoah and Wayah Bald, are featured on the ride and the fly through.

Click here for the 3D Fly. This is not using Flash media, so it takes a while to download. I'm thinking that I will convert it to Flash and resend it to NOC so it does not take forever to download.

At one time my Southern Appalachians Road Climbs (SARC) site was going to feature a number of these 3D fly throughs of bike events. But, life got in the way and I was not able to spend the time to create more of these. But, there are a few of them on my 3D Fly page at SARC.

No comments: