Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ring of Fire: rtp1

This was the second Ring of Fire event in Asheville this year. The race happens every other Wednesday. I've been racing the A race which has all the pro, cat 1,2,3s racing in it. The race is 60 laps on a 0.3 mile track. Every 5th lap there are points scored for the first 4 across the line.

The first race a few weeks ago, I took a free lap about 25 laps into the 60 lap race after getting off the front and out in the wind. Last night I bridged a gap with 15 laps to go and then took a lap. It is hard for me to recover, but I can feel I am getting stronger. I have not contested many of the sprints other than to try to get in the top 10 on some of the points lap. Definitely try to be in there on the last lap as it counts for double points.

No comments: