Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Track Racing: Fixed Gear

One of the other bicycle race formats that I have been participating in over the last 6 weeks is fixed gear track racing. This is a weekly event called the Mellowdrome Cup Series. Check out the website. There are usually pictures being taken at these events and posted online. I finally made it one of them.

Here is a shot of our C race during the neutral lap before the scratch race (picture taken by "retro"). Since I am relatively new to fixed gear racing I have to start out in the C group, as do all newbies. Last night I got a 2nd place in the podium results with a silver medal. Soon they'll be sure to move me up to the B group. But this is a ton of fun and we have teammates to race with which gives all kinds of options for strategies and testing things out.