Sunday, June 17, 2007

Far away Father's Day

Me - "Hey Dad! Happy Father's Day. Yes, we are in the woods camping and riding again."

I called my father in Ohio around 11:30 AM from a remote location off of the Cherohala Skyway, near the TN and Western NC border.....where my verizon phone gets a really good signal. I wondered, "when would my daughter call me?" It better be before 9 PM, like last year!!!!

Noon - no call.
1:11 - no call.
3:42 - uh, still no call.
5:20 - I texted her mother "IT IS FATHERS DAY."
6:15 - Arrived home.....still no call. :-(
7:30 - Turned on the shower to wash the woods off my body.....still no call. I let the water run...knowing darn well....."as soon as I get in the shower, she will call".
7:34 - I'm naked (picture deleted), I am pulling the shower curtain....."ring, ring, ring". It was her.

(Yes. I put some clothes on!)

Dad - (pretending to play dumb) "Hey, honey, why are your calling me today?".
Em - "uh, because I am".
Dad - "oh, okay, "....we started talking
Dad - "i got a copy of your report card". (It had ALL A's, more A's than I ever seen in all my years of schooling). "You got all As."
Em - "I got an award from the President.
Dad - "of the United States?"
....we talked some more.... about the summer, "yeah going swimming a lot".
Dad - "do you want to ride at the track this summer?"
Em - "Duh, YEAH!".
Dad - (thinking, I love it!) (can't wait!)
Em - "if we go swimming more, I will ride more". (okay, ms. negotiation......she did get all As...)
Dad - "you got it, how about camping and swimming?".
Em - "yes".
Dad - "so why did you call?".
Em - "Because, it is Father's Day". :-D
Dad - "I love you, miss you, can't wait to see you.".

:-D

1 comment:

angusandthetriplets said...

I cannot even believe that your daughter is that grown up! Crazy! You HAVE to get down here for a visit. So grab your Huffy and cycle your butt down here!