Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Day-Trip to Andy Land

It was the morning of July 14th, 2007. Em and I took a road trip to meet up with my friend Andy at his top secret remote (4 wheel drive access) campsite location at Andy Land. Ahhhhhhhhhh, one of my favorite locations on planet Earth.

We took a swim at a boat ramp on Lake Santeetlah.

A hike out to Santeetlah dam we spotted this passion flower. I had to be told what the name of this flower was. I thought I had discovered a new plant. It looks downright alien to me. Never seen anything like it. Take a close look at this for a fine example of nature's symmetry.

Hiking out to a nice view of the Cherohala Skyway, Em and I were up to our foreground/background picture taking experiments. The pictures from the overlook of the Skyway view did not turn out that well. It was hazy. I have to try again another day.

I'm glad she gets her goofy genes from me.

You know you're getting old when you start taking pictures of flowers, eh? What a pretty combination of complementary colors, opposite colors on the color wheel.

No comments: