Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sky Lake Climb

I actually got to ride my bike 3 days in a row, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Monday's ride included a new climb that I've been wanting to do since John Mc the PT took me down it. The climb is Sky Lake. It is only one mile in length, but has a grade of 10% to 14% with a couple steep pitches, one being 18%. This is in the first 6/10ths of a mile. The remaining top part of the climb is more gradual. Great climb! You have to get through busy traffic to get there though.

One happy camper after a few days on the bike. I got to do some sprinting on Tuesday which I was surprised that I still had some jump.
The after ride Orbea bike lift! Notice the nice Orbea Ora TT bike and the Orca. Uh, the TT bike is not mine. Debi has a new specialty. We'll see how much time she makes up on tomorrow's TT at the French Broad Cycling Classic. Uh, I'm not racing this weekend.....which seems strange for me. I will be driving the wheel truck for the Women's Pro, Cat 1-3 road race on Saturday though.

Two local juniors, Madi and Grayson, made fixed-gear history at the mellowdrome on Tuesday night. These kids are fast!

No comments: