Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Day to Ride the Mountain Bike

It has been since December 2004 that I last rode a mountain bike. I've received several invites to ride lately, so I figured that I was meant to ride when I got another invite today.....especially since I didn't know exactly what I was going to do today when I woke up. The weather was windy and a road ride was out of the question.
This (the bike) is where it all started for me, the mountain bike. I used to visit Pisgah regularly to ride and camp. See the mud on my mountain bike. It is from December 2004. Still caked on there. The shifting is still quick after 3 years of hanging on the bike rack. Everything worked well.

There were four of us on today's ride in Pisgah. Dan, Laura, me and Ehrin are pictured here. Zona, the dog, is not pictured. She was great trooper and ran with us the entire way, even on the fast descents. It got a little cold on a forest road descent, but we quickly warmed up on the climbs. The single track downhills were a little tricky for me since I had not been riding for a while. I forgot how much I loved mountain biking. Can't wait to do it again.

No comments: