Friday, December 14, 2007

Attack of MRGAC

We (NC Center for Geographic Information & Analysis) hosted the MRGAC (Mountain Regional GIS AllianCe) meeting today. I was on the agenda to give a presentation on a project I did titled Upper French Broad Landcover Project.....or something like that. This was the first time in a while that I got to get up in front of a group and give a talk. It went well and I had a great time with everyone.

As you can see I'm enjoying myself. I have a good time giving presentations when I can make the audience laugh a few times. I won't bore you with the technical details of the presentation, but it dealt with using moderate resolution satellite imagery, in addition to other geospatial data, to generate landcover data for a Streams Statistics model created by the United States Geologic Survey and NC Department of Transportation. You can learn more about the technology at my inactive geospatial imaging blog.

Right now at work I am working on another landcover project using Landsat imagery to generate landcover data for the High Rock Lake area in NC. This project is testing some new technologies to generate landcover data.

No comments: