Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Mud Snow and Mtn bikes

So here is the little perfect egg and sesame bagel pre-ride breakfast sandwich....with melted Parmesan cheese inside the egg. yummy!

My camera wanted to take a picture of itself....and I guess I had to be in it also.

A mountain biking we go at Dupont State Forest near Etowah, NC. I hadn't been to Dupont in years and could not pass up this opportunities with the Wednesday un-usual suspects ride. We got muddy and there was snow on the ground. About 1/2 way through the 3 hour ride I was experiencing chain-suck and could not use my small chainring. By the end of the ride I had so much mud and crud in my gears and I was down to a 2-speed....rear derailleur was locked up and I only had the granny gear cog in the back and my big and middle chain rings up front. It was nice to get back to the car.


Rockin down the forest roads together in Dupont. There were about 10 of us riding. We rode forest roads, single track, slick rock and paved roads. I'm not sure how far we rode but we were out for about 3 hours.

I was covered with mud after the ride. I was wet on the outside but pretty dry on the inside. It was a great ride.

No comments: