Sunday, February 17, 2008

It is that time of year again.

Okay....WHY do I make a big deal about shaving my legs?!!?!

1.) It is rare for me to give in and "conform" to what everyone else (who races) does. I would only shave my legs in previous years after getting a lot of comments about being one of the only guys with hairy legs who races. I guess I am giving in to peer pressure and dramatizing it a little.
2.) It helps with the excitement and anticipation of the upcoming race season. I was side-lined last season for most of the year and never really got my form back until October and I really wasn't interested in racing by that time.
3.) Easier for wounds to heal and receiving massages.

Step 1: I had to break out the electric shaver and get the first layer of leg hair removed. However, it took me most of the night because the charge in my electric shaver kept going out. I had to recharge and then resume later. I was never patient enough to wait until the electric razor had a good long time to charge.....so, it kept quiting on me.
Step 2: I caked my legs with the remaining Veet that I had. It did a pretty good job this time. You have to leave it on much longer then the advised 3 minutes. It takes more like 15 minutes.

Two races next weekend:

View Larger Map
Donaldson Center Road Race on Saturday


View Larger Map
BMW Test Track Crit on Sunday - Use the zoom out tool if you can't see the map.

New Team! New Excitement! Same goals as last year!

All for now!

No comments: