Sunday, June 29, 2008

Memphis & Oklahoma City

We departed from Asheville on Saturday morning and made it to our first stop-over, Memphis. We thought it would be nice to visit Memphis. We visited America's Incredible Pizza Company for dinner and it was a fricken ZOO! I've never had such an experience. Totally rude, totally loud and totally a waste of money!!!! Never again!

So, we are driving around in downtown Memphis on Sunday morning looking for coffee and a breakfast. We were searching for Cafe Francisco! We found it, but it was shut down and for sale! Darn! We then headed for another place and click, my engine light came on! I freaked out a bit because we had only driven 500 miles of our 4,000+ mile journey. I was not about to be stranded in Memphis! Surely I realized that the CRV had been running just fine and I had just put about $2800 of maintenance and repair into. A phone call to my mechanic assured me that everything should be okay. We drove on! ....headed down the highway....lookin for adventure....

Off to Oklahoma City on Sunday. Made it without any problems. We stopped in downtown Little Rock and visited a starbucks and a BOA ATM. I haven't taken any pictures. My camera batteries were dead and my batteries were buried in my car some place. Will have picts soon!

My Garmin nuvi 350 has taken us to a number of incorrect locations for Starbucks and our hotel tonight. But luckily I prepared for that and printed up some maps. We arrived safe and sound. Saturday night it took us to a residential area where there was supposed to be a gas station.

Off to Bernilillo tomorrow. We are going to camp tomorrow and then the rest of the week. Will have picts soon! Stay tuned!

No comments: