Monday, June 2, 2008

Trippin on I-75 and Recitaling in Ohio

Here we are again, time for another dance recital. Been doing the dance recital scene for 8 years now. I still have the flowers from the very first one my daughter was in when she was very young. Aren't they pretty?!


Here is that familiar shot in the I-40 gorge that I always seem to remember to take.

The drive to Ohio included a 3 hour stretch where I averaged about 4 mph.......no, I wasn't on my bike either. This was a diversion of all interstate traffic from I-75 into the little town of Jellico, TN and then on up to Williamsburg, KY. It was an 11 mile stretch of Interstate that we diverted from onto a 13 miles stretch of road.

Folks were out walking their dogs, peeing in the woods (I had to get out and do that too) and talking to their newly found vehicular neighbors. I wish I had one of those Garmin GPS devices so that I could navigate around this detour. We were in a tight spot and there were not many road options around, but I later learned that there were a few other roads. But, at the time of me being diverted from the interstate, I had no way of knowing that it was going to last 3 hours.

Ohio! What else can I say, other than the flat farmlands recalled from my college youth. Yeah, I used to live in NW Ohio for about 10 years. It is flat!

Okay....finally here! Aint we purdy! I missed her so much! Happy to be here!

On the stage. I snuck in a few shots with my phone camera. Not too clear, but it is not appropriate for flash cameras while they are performing.

There are not too many Starbucks on a road trip in NW Ohio. So, we found a local shop called Morey's. Their roasters are in Michigan somewhere. When visiting new coffee shops, I usually ask "where do you roast your beans?". I prefer "in-shop" roasting at my favorite coffee shops.....at least locally when I am not on a road trip.

On the boat in the pond in the back yard.

No comments: