Thursday, July 10, 2008

Garden of the Gods

After lunch at Poor Richards (pizza!) we had some chill time with Mike and his family at their home. The residential areas in CO Springs are very nice! The roads are wide!

I have not seen Mike for a long time. We went to grad school together years ago.

The kids got along great together! Instant friends who never knew each other before!

We arrived at the visitors center of the Garden of the Gods. Took this picture from the deck. The high mountain peak in the background is Pikes Peak. We were up there earlier in the day.

The red rocks and green vegetation just look awesome togtether.

We parked and hiked around the park for a bit. Took lots of great pictures. I wanted to climb these rocks! They were so inviting.


I did a little rock scramble and snapped this picture. Then I scaled down the other side. I love playing on big rocks like this.

Last stop was at Balanced Rock!

Afterwards we stopped at Adams Mountain Cafe in Manitou Springs. The salmon fettuccine was yummy! I had ate so much the last 3 days. As we walked to the car it was sad to realize that we are leaving for home tomorrow (Wednesday).

No comments: