Friday, March 16, 2007

It has been one week since surgery

Well, let me start off this post by saying that I have not worn underwear for one week. I have always worn underwear, but my left hip suture is just too sensitive to allow a tight waistband. So, I've been going "commando" wearing those pajama pants up over my gut and I look like an old man gimping around with my walker. I might as well practice for my elderly years and try to have fun with it now.

I go for my follow up doctors appointment on Monday. They are supposed to remove my sutures from my hip and neck. I am hoping that once the remove the staples from my hip suture, that the pain will go completely away. I am also hoping that they will allow me to drive. I would still not drive that much, but just having permission would be nice. I do have most of my range of motion in my neck. But, as my hip pain decreases these last two days, I am noticing slight pain and stiffness in my upper back. Maybe my hip pain has been masking out my neck pain? It is going to take another few weeks to get my head-turn back to where it was before. I've been taking less pain meds over the last two days which is a good thing. The barca lounger is still the best place for me to sleep and get the weight off my hip. I tried the last two nights to get into a bed to lay down, but both my hip and my neck require simultaneous support as I move into a reclining position. The barca lounger is the only thing that will provide me that support. I'd be in a very uncomfortable position without the barca lounger. I think I may have to get one for myself after I recover.


Debi is supporting a Junior's bicycle racing team in Asheville. She needed a logo to put on their race jerseys. So with her initial ideas, I took some time yesterday to design a logo one for her. She likes it. It is basic black-n-white right now since it is only going to be on a jersey, but we are going to try and develop it further for her denistry practice stationary and stuff. I am also going to work on a web site for her too. I won't be biking for several more weeks, so this will give me a nice outlet. I actually have 3 web projects on standby at the current time.

It is raining today. One of my most enjoyable things is to drink coffee and listen to the rain. I love opening up the windows and allowing breeze of the cool air pass through with the sound of the rain. It such a relaxing thing for me. It always has been.

I have not yet used my walker today. I used it over night to get around, but I've been running errands with Debi and going into public. It not that easy to get in and out of the car, but once I am vertical I seem to be getting around much better than I was two days ago.

Okay....all for now and more later.

-Frank

No comments: