Monday, March 5, 2007

MRI data and what is next

Below is my report from my MRI last Wednesday. I've been in extreme pain the last
couple days/nights. The pain is getting worse each day. I have some new drugs today that seem to be more powerful. Hopefully they will get me through the remaining days until I can start address my pain through PT or surgery.

I have started discussing treatments and recovery with physical therapists, a neural surgeon, and people who have had the same problem. I should know more after my appointment with Dr. Silver on Wednesday. He's the neural surgeon.

The horizon does look like surgery. I continue to gather as much information as possible about all options so that I know i will have considered everything.
Recovering from surgery will keep me off the bike for at least 3 months. I have already started considering other activities to last through the beginning of the summer. Lets try some hiking.

C2-C6 are normal.
C6-7: There is mild canal stenosis secondary to a broad based
disc/osteophyte complex. There is also right narrowing and
the probable compression of right C7 nerve root. The
disc/osteophyte complex is asymmetric on the right and measures at
least 5mm in the AP dimension. No significant narrowing of the left
neural.

IMPRESSION:
Moderate disc/osteophyte complex at C6-7 asymmetric on the right,
likely compressing the right C7 nerve root. There is narrowing of the
spinal canal and right neural at this level.

All for now....more later.

-Frank

No comments: