Thursday, March 8, 2007

The night before my 1st surgery

I've been fortunate to live a long time without any surgical procedures. I am a bit nervous and worried. I think that is understandable. I really do not want to go through this. I know that I have to if I want to resume my life as it was before. It will be a while before I can resume my normal activities. So, I see this time off as an opportunity to do a few things that I've been wanting to for a long time. The time is changing to longer daylight hours. YES, I'd much rather be riding my bike after work and racing on the weekends. But, I did get very caught up in the busy-ness of training, riding, racing, coming, going and working. The last two weeks have been very painful, but they have allowed me a break. It has been a break that I felt I have needed for a long time. I just hate that it take pain and surger to get me that break. It was a break to allow me to refocus on some things and reassess my goals and recall my hopes and desires that have been long lost to the rush of my schedule. I intend to start off my recovery

I cannot eat after midnight. I can only drink clear liquids though 11 AM tomorrow. I will be very hungry when I wake up from all this.

-Frank

No comments: