Thursday, March 8, 2007

Scheduled for surgery


After reviewing the MRI with the neurosurgeon, I am scheduled for surgery on Friday March 9th. I have a bulging disc that is impacting the nerve root and I have already lost some strength in my right arm. The surgery is necessary to be sure that I do not lose any further strength and eliminate the pain and prevent it from coming back in the future.

After the surgery I will be in Mission Hospital over night and staying with Debi in Hendersonville, NC for at least a week until I am up an on my feet. I will be out of work for 4 weeks to ensure complete recovery.

They are removing a piece of my hip to replace the disc at C6-c7. I have provided a picture of my MRI showing where the pinching is ocurring.


I will do my best to check my email at fobusek @ yahoo . com.

Thanks for your support. I hope to be on my feet again soon. This surgical procedure will allow me to get back to my normal activities in a few months.

-Frank

No comments: