Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Buffalo Burgers

Two days ago, I went over to a local buffalo rancher who is a retired geologist. He sells buffalo meat. So, I'm thinking that if I were a buffalo who was slaughtered, I'd rather somebody eat my meat instead of it getting wasted. 4 pounds later, I was out the door. Had a hard ride last night, so I needed something good for dinner. Buffalo is some of the leanest meat available. As I slow-cooked the burgers, I prepared my condiments and veggies.

Buffalo Burgers on Honey Wheat Berry sliced bread, with grated Parmesan cheese, ketchup, mustard, sweet relish, spinach, Roma tomatoes, and onions. Served with a glass of Pinot Noir. The burgers were very good. I've been craving burgers for most of the summer, but don't like the normal red meat beef burgers as a part of my diet.

Tonight's after race meal was a Frank standard, breakfast for dinner. The menu got a last minute switch from a bowl of cereal to eggs and toast, served with Gatorade. The race did not go well. A crash split the field and I could not catch back on. I am getting ready to race on Saturday in Salisbury, NC. Off the bike tomorrow and then a few short efforts on Friday. I don't plan to do well on Saturday, just want to see how long I can hang on. Need to gauge my endurance and recovery over the next few weeks.

Today was supposed to be Em's first day of school. But all the flooding in Ohio canceled school. She was all excited talking about it with me on the phone.

Em: "Dad, where is my High School Musical soundtrack?".
Dad: "It is coming."

1 comment:

Debi said...

Gatorade????? Looks like buffalo piss to me........