Wednesday, August 8, 2007

....it is here.......POOF!.......gone.....another one bites the dust!

We wrapped up our summer in Asheville together with a trip to Gatlinburg's Splash Country water park. Visiting a water park, in addition to many other mainstream cultural draws, re-enforces why I like to stay fit and ride. Yikes, there is a serious weight problem in this country.....sorry, I don't want to sound to uppity. But, it is enough to inspire the Col d'Obese educational awareness ride for the children.....or how about the "Fat Gap Century"?

Here is a sweet picture of us through the chiminea.

Store-bought Pepperidge Farm chocolate B-Day cake from the freezer department and homemade ice cream.....shaken in a bag. Stay tuned for spinach shrimp pasta. (yeah, yeah, yeah.....I say something about the fat problem, then I show a picture of cake and ice cream....I know.)

What would a birthday be without laser tag!

I've been living in Asheville for over 4 years and never had been to the Biltmore Estate. We went there on Monday and it was a nice time. Nice house! Way tooooooo big for me. The walk from the bedroom to the kitchen to make coffee, and to the living room to watch Tour tapes on the TV would take me about 45 minutes. If I were a kid, it would be a great place to have a Big Wheel or Green Machine....remember those? The 3rd and 4th floors of the "house" were stuffy and uncomfortable. It was hot! AC was not an option back then. I think it is a waste of space unless you have someone waiting on you hand and foot.....but, that is just not me. Small, cosey, comfy with just enough space is the way I would like it. The winery was cool. We learned a lot.

Weaving a walk down Wall Street.

Up early in the AM for a road trip to Ohio for a few days. Should be back soon, back in the grind. Stay tuned for shaved cantaloupes.

No comments: