Friday, August 24, 2007

Hitting road to Salisbury

Tomorrow is my first road race since February. I will be taking a junior racer with me, Andre. Through the spring of 2006, Andre and I traveled to several races and got some great results. It was a great year and we are going to pick up where we left off.

Release the melon-lopes! I actually shaved for the occasion. Silky smooth and much cooler under the pants.

This is no after-ride dinner, because there was no ride yesterday. I threw together what was remaining in my little Kitchen of Coffee Stains and put this yummy dish together. Ingredients: Spinach, grated Parmesan cheese, whole wheat rigatoni, sliced almonds, onions, whole mushrooms, 3-grain tempe, and Roma tomatoes. Served with cranberry-gatorade mix and Chardonnay (that I didn't actually drink).

I've been sampling my African coffees looking for that special flava that I can't seem to track down. The Rift Valley blend is seasonal. I enjoyed this mug of Arabian Mocha Sanani before work watching the Morning Joe. But, it doesn't have it. I used to get it in an Ethiopian brew, but maybe the beans are off this year. Who knows?

Then, I went to work. This is me with the Bart-O-Mask 5000. You can't hear a thing through the ear muffs. I guess this is used to chainsaw trees and stuff. I put in on and it was so quiet that I about fell asleep.

Tonight's little dinner involved the RICE COOKER: Mahatma whole grain brown rice with shrimp, yellow squash, Broccoli and corn. I can't remember what I was drinking.

Salisbury bound in the AM. Good night!

No comments: