Sunday, August 12, 2007

Road trip, tripped up.....

The planned 570 miles turned into 740 miles, round trip. Em's baby brother had an high-fever incident that resulted in an ambulance ride to the Cincinnati Children's hospital. So, we met them there instead of Korntucky. It made it a littler easier for me to let Em go since her mother and brother needed her. I hope they'll be alright. It was nice to see their family again. They are great peoples!

I arrived home about 1:30 AM. No traffic on the road for the last 100 miles or so. Em and I were amazed at the number of Ohio license plates that we've seen lately, both in Asheville and on the interstate. Just about every 3rd car was from Ohio. Apparently most of Ohio went on vacation or something.

I did not leave Em's cross bike with her. I brought it back with me since no one had a locking bike rack and they were going to be in Cincinnati over night. I had switched out the road tires for nobby tires, and they look great. I may just ride them on my cross bike this fall.

Enjoying the coffee.....SBX has a great Rift Valley Blend that has that winey taste from Africa that I love. Very rare over the last couple years! I had been missing it, but I have found it for the time being.

No comments: