Monday, August 13, 2007

Half my age

Well, I know at least my Dad is reading my blog. So, here is one for you.

I was 35 when my dad turned 70. On September 11th, 2004 we threw him a surprise birthday party....his birthday is actually the 15th. Before we got in line to eat, he got up and gave a little speech. During the speech, I remember him saying at that point in time that I was exactly half his age and this was the only time during our lives that this would be the case. Now, I think if we do the math the exact 1/2 way point falls on March 10th 2005. This was pretty mind blowing stuff. You just don't stumble across something like that without taking some hours to think about it to come to that realization. Below is an actual photograph of him giving the speech.
So, on Saturday during our road trip to Ohi-ya, Em and I figured out when she would be half my age. It will be the year 2021 on November 11th. November 11th was her mother and my wedding aniversary date. What a coinky dink that is, huh?

*-*
Also, I am happy to report that Em's little brother is home and doing just fine. He spent a couple nights in the hospital. What a relief.
Chill out little rockin dude.

No comments: